Friday 8 May 2015

Completed Outfit


I made this skirt sometime ago, please excuse the creases, it's been hung in my wardrobe since last summer and this blog is really about the top :-) and added the grey stripe, sometime last spring, to add a little to the length.

But last week I finally made the top from the same grey jersey ponte as the stripe and   
I'm rather pleased.  

The linen skirt fabric makes my family smile, it was a display curtain remnant from John Lewis (UK department store) which I picked up for £5.  My daughter's partner was more than surprised that I planned to turn it into a skirt, not something he'd seen happen before, my daughter, needless to say, wasn't surprised in the slightest!

I do have a love of grey at the moment, my wardrobe has changed from a black and brown mixed base to grey, black and navy.  I have wondered if the change in hair colour and skin tone that is coming with age has something to do with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment