Saturday 9 May 2015

Chanel Jacket - First blog of probably many!!!

Sometime last year, quite early too, I promised my daughter that I would make her a Chanel Jacket.  A nearly all made-by-hand too!  

I'm using the Claire Shaeffer book and pattern as a base for the jacket, my daughter has asked for some changes to the styling though!

In the photo below you can see the fabric she has chosen, along with the plain black silk habotai lining. She also wants a zip front fastening and we have decided on a large black rickrack trim put together with another trim.
In this photo you can also see the pattern pieces, I drew them out on swedish pattern paper so that we could use them as the toile.  We've also re-sized the lower pockets, they need to fit an iphone!

I now need to pluck up the courage to start cutting fabric!

I also have fabric to make a Chanel Jacket for myself but that project is going to have to be another series of blogs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment