Tuesday 14 April 2015

Sewing Weights - who would have thought.............

Back at the beginning of March on my Facebook page I gaily announced that I had cut out 35-40 of  Tea Rose's pyramid sewing weights and they were waiting to be filled.

Well..........!  

Who would have thought it would take so long to finish!  Initially I started to fill them with rice as suggested, but I don't know what other people feel but they were far too light.  
Easy I thought, I'll get some fishing weights........ well that is an expensive option, at least here in the UK and also size wise they aren't the best solution.  

I shelved the sewing weights!!   

Then at the beginning of April whilst browsing the internet, as you do, I found diver's lead shot weight bags!!!   Ebay have sellers who are selling velcro sealed net bags of 'new' lead shot.  Perfect!

Not only is the shot small and round, so that it sits nicely in the pyramid, it is also cheaper than fishing weights!!!

So now I have finally finished my sewing weights.

Here is a photo of the lead shot (on the left) and the rice I used (on the right).

Filling up the pyramid with rice, after I had put in about 60-70g of lead shot.

Sewing up, adding grains of rice as I went to pack the weight as much as possible.

And the pile of weights, there are actually 42, I think that should be enough!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment